A chronicle of my pride and joy as he serves the Lord in the Peru, Piura mission.
Plus a bunch of stuff that keeps me busy while he's gone.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Holy Moly


The other day Drew had the opportunity to reunite with a group of Elders that arrived to the mission the same time he did. It was fun for him to be able to talk with them and share their stories.

He spent all of last week touring the mission with President Solis. He absolutely loves the tours, and learning from President. They visited a woman whose husband was a counselor in the stake where he served a while back. Her husband had recently been killed in a freak moto accident. When the missionaries arrived to her home, he said he was amazed at how peaceful the wife was about her husband's passing. He said she was so strong because of her knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Drew was able to lay his hands on her head and listen as President Solis gave her a blessing. In his own words, "holy moly it was a big time experience, way cool, and I learned a lot".

How wonderful the gospel is! I am overwhelmed by the opportunities these young men have while serving a mission. I can think of no better way to guide them and help them prepare to be a husband and father. I'm so grateful for the gospel, and for the wisdom of our Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love him!!!!! AND I love the fact that you quote him exactly in your posts. Holy moly--so cute. What an awesome experience!!!! Sometimes I wish I could have gone on a mission. I feel like I could have really really grown from one. He is amazing.

Maren said...

I recently read a quote from Elder Holland where he said that he hasn't had a day that he can think of that he hasn't thought about his mission.
It's amazing to think that the experiences Drew is having are meant just for him because he made the right decision to be there.
Thanks for sharing his experience.

Sean said...

What a blessing it is for all of us to benefit from the great work that the Missionaries do.........Keep it up