A chronicle of my pride and joy as he serves the Lord in the Peru, Piura mission.
Plus a bunch of stuff that keeps me busy while he's gone.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Jaime


Last week was especially great for Drew. As you know, he has been serving in the mission office since Mother's Day, which means he doesn't have the opportunity to teach or do baptisms. There is a man named Jaime, who Drew and his companion, Elder Cano taught while they were there. Since that time, Drew and Elder Cano have been sent to different areas. A couple of weeks ago Jaime committed to baptism, and requested that Drew and Elder Cano come back to his town to baptize him. Eight days before Elder Cano left to go home, he and Drew were able to travel to Micaela Batista and baptize Jaime. It was a wonderful experience for Drew. Here is an excerpt from his letter regarding Jaime's baptism day:

Jaime is like 45 and has a family. But yeah in the baptism he got baptised and his niece Mitzi too(Mitzi's dad was my second convert). Its cool to see how things all work out. There was a cool thing that Elder Oyola said he said "Elders, your mission starts, but it never ends. You start your mission but will never ever see the ending results of it." And I can see why now. Mitzis dad went inactive for a while and so I got sad about it. But then I saw him in the baptism and he was getting his daughter baptised and is active again. Its just a big time chain reaction. Thats way cool.

Everything is going well for Drew. He is so happy!

I haven't been able to pin Carlos down yet so I can get a picture of him for all of you to see. He is a funny kid. He doesn't understand my humor at all. He just looks at me like "whatever, lady." He is attending BYU and playing a lot of "Counter Strike". I am never home, so the poor kid just entertains himself by drinking more soda than anyone on the planet, and by eating his newfound favorite snack, red licorice.

I have been working backstage at Pioneer Theater Company's My Fair Lady. It is a beautiful show, and the cast members are so gracious and professional. I really love sharing the experience with them. You can see a short video of some scenes from the show if you click on my link to Pioneer Theater which is to the right under "My Favorite Things".

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi Lisa. I'm happy to hear about Drew's baptisms. I'm sure that was a special experience that he will be able to remember forever.

Sneak a picture of Carlos when you can. I'm glad he got there safe and sound. And I hope he is enjoying his stay here.

My family and I are going to My Fair Lady on Monday! I am excited!

Lori said...

What a great experience for Drew! I'm glad he got to reconnect with those people. Will he be in the mission office for the rest of his mission, or does he get to go back into the field sometime? I'm always glad to hear how happy he is and enjoy his abundant enthusiasm. Glad to hear that Carlos is finally there and settled in. Thanks for keeping the blog updated with your's and Drew's "goin' ons", it's fun to check in and see what's happening with you guys.

Holly said...

Look at how tall he is!!!!!!!! He is so handsome. What an AWEsome experience. I'm sure you miss him SO much!

Love,
Holl

PS I really love your playlist! I have been sitting here grooving Ü

Maren said...

Of course he would want Drew to come back and baptize him. What a blessing for him to have been able to do that. I'm so proud of that cousin of mine.
It would be awesome if you could get a picture of Carlos drinking soda to post. :)
I wish so badly I could come and see My Fair Lady. I love the dad in that musical. Such a despicable and loveable character. Break a leg, PTC!