A chronicle of my pride and joy as he serves the Lord in the Peru, Piura mission.
Plus a bunch of stuff that keeps me busy while he's gone.

Monday, August 11, 2008

I Have to Start Somewhere

So I've gotten a late start on this project because I'm intimidated by the whole blog thing. But I will catch you up on a few of my favorite stories from Drew so far.

Let me preface this by saying, for those of you that know Drew, he's very... what's the word?... cool. His vocabulary consists mainly of the words "dude", "awesome", "ha" and "cool". He sent me an email recently that was the usual three sentences long, and in those precious three sentences, the word "cool" appeared more than 10 times.

That said... Drew and a few other Elders were walking down the street in Peru. A monkey swung down from a tree limb and smacked him in the face. He tells me the story, and then reiterates (and I can hear him saying this) "Dude Mom. A monkey swung from a tree and smacked me in the face! Isn't that awesome?"

In his email last Saturday he told me a story about his adventures with the mission van. He's living in the mission office right now, serving as the Assistant to the President, and so he uses the mission van to run errands, deliver missionaries, etc. Apparently, though, the van is a little ghetto. Whenever they have to go somewhere, the missionaries have to push it to get it started, and then pop the clutch. He was at the airport the other day retrieving the newest missionaries and the four of them had to push-start the van, all of them in their suits of course. The visual of that makes me giggle. And needless to say, he thinks it's cool.

Well that's enough for now. I'm looking forward to sharing his happiness with all of you.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love it!!!! I love the story about the Monkey!!!! I can't believe that really happened!

Your blog is so cute! Welcome to the blogging world Ü

Holl

Katrina said...

Dude Lisa, Awesome monkey story! And the van sounds like something my parents had when I was young. Very funny.

I love that you've started a blog! I'll check in often!